I know that many of you are longing this recipe 🙂 They matched perfectly with the ketchup, you see … It was an amazing combination! They’ve been matched with something else, but that’s going to be a surprise! 😀 Oven “fries” for today, as much spicy as needed; and I don’t believe that you can stand not trying them today!
For about one year, I get the most delicious potatoes from a producer in Anavyssos (south of Athens). I do not know variety (and to tell you the truth, I wonder how I have not asked for so long …) but they are the best potatoes I’ve ever tried, however cooked.
For this recipe you need small sized and oblong potatoes, which you will wash very well and leave them unpeeled. Cut them in the middle, and then again in the middle so you’ ll have 8 wedges from each potato.
- • 6 small oblong potatoes, cut into 8 pieces
- • 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- • 1 teaspoon of cumin
- • 1 teaspoon of paprika
- • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- • ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- • 1 teaspoon of salt
- • ¼ - ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Lightly oil a medium baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the olive oil and toss well to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix all other ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes tossing well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes wedges in a single layer on the baking pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes, until golden. Carefully turn the potatoes over and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until they get golden and crisp.
Update, 09/06/2019: I’ve come up with a new way for crispier oven “fries”! After cutting the potatoes place them in a bowl with water, for about 30 minutes. After that, drain and dry completely. Go on with the recipe as it is. 🙂