This summer I came to love these light desserts served in a glass, which can be made in almost 5 minutes, although formerly I was not fond of. And, specifically, desserts made with Greek yoghurt. Those who follow my blog know that I love Greek yogurt very much. It all started with Yogurt Banoffee Parfait which all of you loved, and after that came the Lemon and Yogurt “Cheesecake”, a really light and refreshing dessert. Today’s recipe is something similar; a fast and light chocolate dessert, very, very tasty! Greek yogurt parfait with chocolate and fresh fruits.
I used blueberries, which thankfully this year I had in abundance; you can, also, use cherries, strawberries, pears or nashi pears, or whatever fruit you like. But I suggest you make as it is. Blueberries match beautifully with the sweet but slightly sour, chocolate cream.
The chocolate cream is the same that I had used in the chocolate and blueberry tart. It often happens …. Once I make something I like, dough, a nice cream like this etc., I ‘m thinking other ways to use them. Thus, today’s dessert was created.
Regarding granola, the recipe was based on that I used in Yogurt Banoffee Parfait, but this time I used hazelnuts which match perfectly with chocolate! Who else thought about Nutella? 😉 Yum!
Tip: Make an extra amount of granola and add it to your breakfast. It is delicious!
Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruits
- • ½ cup (60 g.) chopped hazelnuts (or other nuts)
- • 1 tablespoon quinoa (optional, it makes a crunchier granola)
- • ¾ cup (60 g.) rolled oats
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon honey
- • 140 gr. dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- • ½ cup (125 ml) non-dairy cream, cold
- • 180 g. Greek strained yoghurt 2% fat
- • 2 tablespoons stevia (a 1: 1 ratio with sugar)
- • ½ cup fresh blueberries (or other fruit of your choice)
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, roast hazelnuts, oats and quinoa, for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and flavorful. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil and mix well.
- Finally add honey and turn off the fire. Mix thoroughly to coat all ingredients with honey.
- Leave it aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and let it cool slightly.
- Whip the cream with stevia until stiff and fold in the yogurt and the melted chocolate.
- Prepare the Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruits
- by layering in every glass in this order: about 2 teaspoons of granola, 1 heaped tablespoon chocolate cream and a layer of fresh fruits. Repeat and enjoy!