Do you fancy chocolate but you’re on a diet; Craving for chocolate but you want to avoid the cream, evaporated milk, or butter that it may contain? I have the solution! Chocolate truffles with yogurt and fresh blueberries. Made in no time, but unfortunately eaten in no time, as well… trust me!
I decided to try this recipe with fresh blueberries, mainly because it is one of my favorite fruits and secondly because it is now in season. I cannot describe the joy I get every year at this time when I dig some fresh blueberries in a store waiting for me. Luckily this year I found some in the nearest supermarket, without much trouble and searching. But I would like to try this recipe with fresh cherries, as well; which I love equally. I’ll do it soon and let you know the outcome. For the beneficial properties of the blueberries, we talked recently; but dark chocolate offers you many other antioxidants.
Preparation time: 40 minutes (including waiting time)
Servings: 18 to 20 pieces (size of teaspoon)
• ½ cup chocolate chips, or 100 g. dark chocolate, chopped
• ¼ cup strained yogurt, 2% fat
• 30 g. fresh blueberries, chopped
• 1 tbsp stevia (if you prefer a less sweet dessert, you skip it)
• 3 tsp. cocoa powder
- Prepare a dish in a bain marie and melt the chocolate and stevia over low heat. Allow to cool for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and blueberries and stir gently. Put the mixture in the fridge for half an hour, or until firmed.
- Add the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Prepare a pan with a nonstick paper where you will put your truffles.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and, if you do not have the special tool shown in the photo, take a little of the mixture with a teaspoon, shape it into a little ball and roll it over the cocoa powder.
- Repeat the same with the remaining mixture. Place the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The special tool I use for making truffles makes small-bites ones. If you do not have one, use a teaspoon; possibly yours will be slightly larger and therefore ….less. So consider preparing a double dose! Probably the single dose will not be enough for you. It is so delicious!
If you try the recipe with another fresh fruit in season I will be glad to know the result. So I’ am waiting ….
Nutritional Facts per Serving
|Calories||Carbohydrates||Sugars||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Proteins||Dietary Fibers|
Recipe modified from: http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2013/04/04/blueberry-greek-yogurt-truffles/