Summer treat for today!! Peach ice cream flavored with ginger in special molds for ice cream popsicles. A quick and easy recipe that you will love! That’s why I knew I had to make these popsicles, when I first saw the recipe in Teacher by day – Chef by night.
Peach is one of my favorite summer fruits. It is ideal for those watching their diet, as it provides few calories and a large amount of vitamins. It contains proteins, sugar, a sufficient quantity of vitamin C and E, many antioxidants, fiber, phosphorus, biotin, iron and calcium. 100g. of peach offers our body only 40 calories.
Due to the vitamins peach contains , especially C and E, it protects against gastrointestinal disorders, helps to prevent many forms of cancer, helps the body’s resistance to disease by strengthening the immune system and is a good diuretic and laxative.
Peach is a good source of soluble fiber, thus contributing to the reduction of LDL-cholesterol, so its frequent consumption is recommended; and because of the low energy that provides, it can be freely consumed by those who seek to loose weight. We should not forget that the peach is one of the richest fruits in water, and is composed of 89% water. Therefore hydrates the body, has anti-aging properties and is valuable for the health and beauty of skin. Also thanks to the content of minerals and vitamins, peaches are suitable for those with anxiety and stress. It acts as a sedative and anxiolytic.
The beneficial properties of ginger will impress you. You can read about them in the article “Ginger, the precious root.”
Let us, now, take a look at the recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 large popsicle molds, or, 12 small ones
- 2 large peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into pieces
- 60 g. fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into thin slices
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, put the ginger, sugar and water. When it starts to simmer lower down the temperature and let the syrup simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Strain the syrup into the blender and discard ginger.
- Add the peaches and beat in blender until smooth.
- Fill the molds with the ice cream mixture and put them in the freezer until they freeze well.
If you a ginger fanatic like I am, this peach flavored ice cream with ginger will delight you !!
Nutritional Facts per Serving
|Calories||Carbohydrates||Sugars||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Proteins||Dietary Fibers|