Today I propose one of my favorite dishes! The kind of dishes I love to cook for my favorite people. The kind of dishes anyone who has tried it was excited! Salmon fillet with parsley – caper sauce and sautéed leeks. Simply divine!
Surely you’ve all heard about the benefits of salmon; a valuable food with great nutritional value and beneficial properties for a healthy skin, a strong immune system, a strong heart and mind clarity. It is a natural source of nutrients, particularly balanced and absorbed protein, and contains significant quantities of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and natural precious and essential omega-3 fatty acids.
More specifically, the salmon is rich in niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, vitamin D, vitamin B group (especially B6 and B12), selenium and phosphorus. On the other hand, is low in calories and saturated fatty acids, contains no carbohydrates and salt, but special attention should be paid to the high rate of cholesterol available.
Accordingly, it is a food with high nutritional value, are particularly rich in ‘good’ fat and more specifically inflammatory ecosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are used as a medicament for reducing blood clotting, cholesterol (increasing “good” cholesterol, HDL and reduce the ‘bad’ cholesterol, LDL) and the event of stroke and arrhythmia. That means that they have an extremely positive effect on cardiovascular health, helping significantly to the regulation of type II diabetes and hypertension (in particular because of the omega-3 fatty acids available).
Moreover, these fatty acids assist in reducing depression, vision problems, psoriasis, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis and osteoporosis (due to omega-3 fatty acids), while contributing to memory regain and increased resistance to alcohol because of acetylcholine containing. Omega-3 fatty acids help improve mood and reduce anxiety, a particularly useful function in the modern lifestyle.
A weekly intake of 300 – 400 gr. fish, is the best safeguard for a balanced and healthy diet, and considered the best “food for the brain.
And now that I’m certain I convinced you to eat salmon, here is the recipe:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 6 salmon fillets, about 150g (5oz) each
- 10-12 leeks, sliced
- 2-3 red peppers, cut into sticks or cubes
- ¾ cup capers, rinsed to take away extra salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and season with salt.
- In a cooking pot pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and peppers and sauté until soft. Pour the salt and pepper as desired and set them aside.
- In a blender or food processor pour capers, parsley, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper and beat just enough to break the caper, not more.
- Place fillets in a baking dish and leeks and peppers there between. Distribute the caper sauce over the fillets and spread it evenly on them.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180oC, covered with aluminum foil, for 12 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
Serve the grilled salmon with caper sauce and leeks with a nice white wine and enjoy it!!
Nutritional Facts per Serving
|Calories||Carbohydrates||Sugars||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Proteins||Dietary Fibers||Cholesterol|