I have made it a habit and near the day my birthday I post a dessert recipe to celebrate with you, even from afar. I would love it if I could treat you one by one, but unfortunately this is impossible … Last year it was the white chocolate cake, a wonderful dessert for the festive table and the year before that was the chocolate & chestnut pavlova. This year I decided to use the homemade nutella I recently made and to prepare a healthier nutella cheesecake, with a little less guilt than normal. If you use the homemade digestive cookies to make it, the guilt will certainly be less!
To tell you the truth, I am so tired lately; trying to catch up on everything I’m dealing with (school, homework, studying, blogging, and many other things) I do not feel any guilt at all when I sit for 5 minutes to enjoy a dessert I made. 🙂 The only thing I had in my mind when I was tasting it, was if I had time to write the recipe and publish it this week! The food blogger’s perversion!! : D: D
This cheesecake is very airy and as sweet as it should be. It is based on the well-known recipe of Nigella Lawson. The base is a variant of the one I use for the blueberry cheesecake and I never use another! I just added a few hazelnuts and a couple of tablespoons nutella in the mixture and it went fine. The cream is very simple and contains only three ingredients. Let’s see the recipe:
- 100 g. digestive biscuits (about 7 biscuits)
- ½ cup (55 g.) rolled oats
- 100 g. coconut butter (or regular butter), melted
- 25g. hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons homemade nutella
- 1 pinch of salt
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 400 g. homemade nutella
- 400 g. cream cheese
- 40 g. stevia powder, in 1: 1 ratio with sugar
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Put the biscuits and hazelnuts in a food processor and crush them into powder.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the base and stir well. Flatten the mixture into a round form with a detachable base of 19 cm. and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Afterwards put it in the fridge until you prepare the cream.
- In a bowl or the food processor bowl mix well cream cheese, homemade nutella and stevia until blended.
- Pour the cream onto the base , spreading it evenly. Put the pan back in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. But it is better to leave it overnight.
- No need to leave the cheesecake to stand outside the refrigerator before serving. It slices and tastes better when cold.
- I decorated the healthier nutella cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts. If you want to do the same heat in a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, 50 g. coconut sugar (or brown sugar) and 1 tablespoon water. Let boil and add 100 g. chopped hazelnuts and stir constantly. Remove from heat and put out on a plate and allow to cool (they will stick together and will harden).
PS. This springform pan will be fine.
♥ If you enjoyed this recipe and want to see more, follow The Healthy Cook by email and every new recipe will come directly to your inbox! ?