Well, here is the recipe that complements the homemade kale wraps; a delicious salad with shrimps, Greek yoghurt, mayonnaise, celery and tarragon. It is fast, very refreshing, perfect for a light meal.
You will need either small sized shrimps or medium sized, cut into two. You can, also, use peeled/ frozen shrimps, the choice is yours. The salad, when prepared, can be left covered in the refrigerator for about 2 days. Full of bright flavors, this salad is delicious off the wraps, too.
The recipe is enough for 4 wraps.
- 400-430 g. peeled shrimp
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek strained yoghurt, 2% fat
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives (or the tender green part of scallions)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 kale wraps
- Boil shrimp in salted water for 2-3 minutes, until bright pink. Drain and run under cold water. Cut if necessary.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients up to lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the cooked shrimp, add salt and pepper as desired and mix well.
- Cover the salad and put it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before consuming.
- Spoon the shrimp salad on 4 wraps and serve.