To tell you the truth … I fell in love with this trifle! It is fast, simple, refreshing, delicious and light. I do not want anything more for a summer dessert. This lemon and yogurt trifle is the ultimate summer dessert!
Have you made the lemon curd I showed you last week? If so, the preparation of this trifle will be a piece of cake. If not, then you will need an additional 10 minute to prepare it. That’s easy 😉 After all, with this heat, too much cooking is out of the question…
For the trifle base I used a variation of the recipe for the blueberry cheesecake, which I wοn’t change with any other. I just added less butter (coconut oil this time, but you can make it with butter in the same amount). Since this dessert is served in a glass and the base isn’t baked the same amount of butter is not necessary. You can make your own digestive biscuits, or buy ready-made. You can, also, purchase store-bought lemon cream, but keep in mind that the nutritional value of this dessert will not be the same.
- • 4 digestive cookies (1/2 cup)
- • ½ cup (50 g.) rolled oats
- • 3 tbsp (25 g.) coconut sugar*
- • 4 tbsp coconut oil**
- • pinch of salt
- • a few drops of vanilla extract
- • 1 cup (240 g.) Greek yoghurt 2% fat
- • 1 cup (260 g.) homemade lemon cream
- • ½ cup (80 g.) stevia, a 1: 1 ratio with sugar
- • 125 ml cold non-dairy cream
- • fruit of your choice, to garnish
- Put the biscuits and oats in the food processor bowl and process until powdered.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until homogeneous. Better use a hand mixer.
- Whip the cold non-dairy cream.
- To serve spread 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture in the bottom of each glass, continue with 2 tablespoons of lemon cream, 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture once more and another 2 tablespoons of cream. Finally, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and fruits of your choice.
- *Or brown sugar or stevia.
- **Or butter.