Summer, for me, is largely connected with lemons. Perhaps, because I think that a homemade lemonade is the best refreshing drink against heat or because I enjoy all lemony desserts more during summer. I should not forget my favorite fragrant limes. Have you tried the coconut limeade? Perhaps the best drink for a summer evening, with or without alcohol. Or, even, the cherry limeade? As you understand a lemon curd to be used in an easy light and lemony dessert was imperative this summer.
What to do with lemon curd? Beyond eating it from the jar (oops, I said it ….!), use it in a lemon tart, in a pavlova, a cheesecake, in a classic lemon pie. You can even mingle with yogurt and some fresh fruit or granola for your breakfast, or, a light dessert; or garnish your pancakes. Or just wait a few days to make an easy and delicious dessert I intend to show you 😉
The recipe I give you is a five-minute recipe and has no difficulty. I added some saffron stamens in it, as Sophia had done and I think it’s a wonderful idea. I suggest you use them, to enjoy the benefits. I would recommend you also make the lemon cream with coconut oil. It gives very nice texture. If you cannot find coconut oil, use butter at room temperature.
It is important to keep the heat medium-low, otherwise you will make a lemon omelette.It only needs a few minutes until it thickens.
- • 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- • 1/3 cup of coconut oil*
- • ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- • 2 tablespoons honey
- • 3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar**
- • zest of 2 lemons
- • 1/8 spoon salt
- • 3-4 saffron stamens (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stirring constantly, continue to cook the curd until it thickens.
- Download the lemon curd from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer the curd into a sterilized jar and store in refrigerator.
- *Or butter at room temperature
- **Or brown sugar