I have the best solution for homemade no-knead bread for you! No-knead barley bread with flax seeds and sunflower seeds, ready in 20 minutes, and you will have fresh homemade bread every day. Ok, kneading is relaxing, but I know that you working girls and boys are better of… 😉
This is an overnight bread recipe that you bake the next morning. It is the simplest recipe for bread and you can all make it. It is made with a mixture of all-purpose flour and whole meal barley flour. You can replace the barley flour with rye flour, if desired. Both offer you many nutrients and fiber. As for flax seeds and sunflower seeds, we have spoken many times and you can read the relevant articles.
- 420 ml water
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 320 g. (11.3 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 220 g. (7.8 oz.) whole meal barley flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 ½ tablespoon crushed flax seeds
- 40 g. (1/4 cup / 1.5 oz.) sunflower seeds (+ extras to sprinkle the rolls)
- Evening: Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Cover with a towel and leave it overnight.
- The next morning: Preheat oven to 230o C / 450o F and leave a baking pan in the oven while preheating.
- Scrape the dough in a well-floured surface and form an oblong rectangle, approx. 10X40 cm.
- Twist the rectangle lengthwise two or three times. Score the dough surface, diagonally, with a sharp knife 8 times.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with sunflower seeds and flour.
- Cover it with a towel and allow to rest until the oven is very well heated.
- Having warm up the oven well, remove the pan and line it with parchment paper. Cut the dough into 8 pieces and place them in the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until you get this dark color you see in the photos.
- Let cool on a rack.