Breakfast, the most basic and most important meal of the day, stimulates our body after the long overnight fast and gives the necessary energy to meet the needs and requirements of the day to come. That’s why today’s is a super breakfast recipe; protein pancake with turmeric.
Eating a proper breakfast reduces appetite during the day, thereby preventing the consumption of unhealthy snack foods. Additionally it reduces stress and enhances the good mood, physical and mental alertness, in contrast with those who avoid breakfast or not eating the right one.
And what is the proper breakfast? A prerequisite to a full breakfast includes a balance of protein, carbohydrates and good fats. Today’s recipe for protein pancake with turmeric, is a very nutritious breakfast with low fat and calories, which will keep you full for several hours and will satisfy your sugar cravings. You will benefit from the, literally, innumerable benefits that turmeric offers, which you can read here.
In the recipe I am not giving you any sweetener, because I believe that honey drizzled over the pancake is quite enough.
- • the whites of 3 eggs
- • 3 tablespoons oat flakes
- • 3 tablespoons low fat milk of your choice (animal or plant based) *
- • ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- • 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- • ½ tsp olive oil**
- • 1/2 - 1 tablespoon honey, or, maple syrup
- • 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or other nuts of your choice
- Stir all the ingredients up to ginger in a bowl.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a small pan, over medium heat, and care to spread it well across the surface of the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake until golden brown on one side and firm.
- Turn the pancake to cook on the other hand (use a dish to turn it; it is very easy this way).
- Once cooked serve in the dish, drizzle it with honey, sprinkle with walnuts and accompany it with a fruit of your choice.
- * Or a spoonful of Greek strained yoghurt.
- **Or butter