There is nothing better, for me, than an evening of good food and good friends; a night where flavors and fragrances will be confused with stories, jokes and laughs. Winter days are approaching and evenings with friends will be more and more frequent. Moreover we should not forget that Christmas is getting closer! For this time of year we definitely want easy and tasty recipes that will make a mark. Such a recipe is today’s pumpkin and spinach frittata; simple, with few ingredients, but very impressive and delicious. And if you have leftovers (which I doubt it …) you’ ll have the perfect to-go snack for the office 😉
I have news for you 🙂 I am going back to school for 2 years! It’s been a few days that I started my studies in culinary school, to be a Chef and I’m still trying to organize my everyday program. It was a bit sudden and the change in my everyday life is drastic, but I am very excited because I am about to learn more and very interesting things about my great love, cooking! My blog posts will probably get fewer, since I will have less free time, but I won’t stay away for too long 😉 Let’s now talk about the recipe:
Pumpkin & Spinach Frittata
- • 900 g. fresh peeled pumpkin, cut into thin slices
- • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 6 eggs
- • ½ cup cream 34% fat
- • 120 g. fresh baby spinach leaves
- • 60 g. grated parmesan cheese
- • salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 200° C / 400o F.
- Line a large baking tray with a parchment paper and place the pumpkin pieces on it, in a single layer.
- Mix olive oil with crushed garlic and, using a brush, baste the pumpkin. Bake for about 15 minutes until tender. Allow to cool for a while.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper.
- Wet a piece of parchment paper with water, crinkle it to drain well and lay on a rectangular 24X24cm baking sheet so as to cover the sides of the pan as well (this way the paper softens and fits better in the pan).Oil lightly with a brush.
- Layer half of the pumpkin in the pan, in a single layer. Pour half of the egg mixture over pumpkin, dangling the pan so that the mixture is equally spread.
- Top with spinach and then with the remaining pumpkin
- Pour the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 200° C / 400o F for about 20-25 minutes, until firm.
- Allow 5-10 minutes to cool in the pan and then lifting frittata with the paper place it in a rack to cool.
- Cut frittata into 16 triangles and serve.