Season’s Greetings! May Christmas bring health, prosperity and peace for the whole world! I wish you spent the most beautiful Christmas and have only good memories to remember! Today’s recipe is a break from traditional Christmas dishes. Meat dominates the festive table and the truth is that afterwards we are looking for something different. This dish of shrimp and vegetable skewers with noodles fills this need. Along with the recipe one of my Greek readers will have the chance to win a cookbook with quick, healthy and very tasty recipes, the book “Wagamama” published by “Terzopoulos Books”. I am afraid though that the giveaway is open for residents of Greece only.
Wagamama is a restaurant chain in various countries of the world (UK, Ireland, Australia, Greece, etc.) that combines fast food with modern Asian, mainly Japanese flavors. This is exactly what you will find in the book which you are offered through this draw. Recipes for lovers of Asian food or for those who think that it’s time to experiment and discover Asian cuisine. The recipes of Wagamama book are for 2 people and can easily be converted into more. In the book you will find full details for both the ingredients and the instructions of all the recipes. But you will, also, find many useful tips which will help you discover the Wagamama cuisine, effortlessly.
The recipe I chose to show you is very simple, with ingredients found in almost any supermarket. The actual name is ebi yakitori and is nothing more than shrimp and vegetables skewers with noodles and a special ebi kuzu kiri sauce. Let’s take a look at the recipe:
- • 2 teaspoons honey (the original recipe said sugar)
- • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- • juice of 3 limes
- • 18 raw, peeled shrimps
- • 1 zucchini, cut into medium slices
- • 1 orange bell pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into medium-sized pieces
- • 6 medium spring onions, peeled and cut into pieces 2.5 cm.
- • 6 small button mushrooms
- • 6 cherry tomatoes
- • 4 tablespoons sauce ebi kuzu kiri
- • 110 g. egg noodles (the original recipe said soba noodles)
- • 4 spring onions, peeled and cut into thin slices
- • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon honey (the original recipe said sugar)
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil (the original recipe said corn or sunflower oil)
- • 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
- Mix all ingredients, stirring well so honey melts.
- Skewer 3 shrimps on each wooden skewer alternately with 1 zucchini slice, 2 pieces of pepper, 2 pieces of thicker spring onions, one mushroom and one cherry tomato. Brush them with a little of the fall ebi kuzu kiri sauce and season with salt. Preheat the grill and cook the skewers about 5 minutes, until shrimps are cooked.
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions and mix with chopped onions, garlic, a bit of salt and honey.
- Heat large skillet or wok and add the oil. Add the noodles and fry with the stir-fry technique for 2 minutes until blended and all ingredients are heated through.
- Transfer on two dishes, garnish with shrimp skewers and sprinkle with the rest ebi kuzu kiri sauce.
- * Stir-fry technique: stirring with continuous movements.