Who can resist a burger? Especially, if it is homemade, with pure and healthy ingredients. I saw how much you enjoyed the Chickpea Burger with Tzatziki and I thought I had to make you one with chicken. And here it is; spicy burger with chicken and homemade ketchup of course!! And next to it, the delicious oven “fries”. What more can you ask, right? And do not be intimidated by the “spicy” term in the name of the recipe. It’s up to you to make it as spicy as you want!
It is not a difficult and time-consuming to have a homemade burger. Do not forget, that it’s the definition of fast food! So, we manage to have a variety on the family table, kids will be excited to eat a burger at home and we will be happy and peaceful since we fed them properly.
- • 600 g ground chicken breast
- • ¾ cup red beans, rinsed and drained
- • 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- • ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- • ¾ teaspoon of cumin
- • ¾ teaspoon of salt
- • 4 whole grain burger buns
- • some lettuce
- • 4 slices of tomato
- • 4 slices of onion
- • homemade ketchup
- Preheat the broiler and coat the broiler pan rack with olive oil..
- In a bowl, mash the beans with a fork.
- Add egg, cayenne and salt and mix well.
- Add the ground chicken and mix the ingredients first with a spoon and then gently with hand. If you overmix the burgers will be tough.
- With moistened hands shape mixture into 4 equal sized patties. Place them on the prepared rack.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes on each side until lightly browned, firm and cooked through. (Cooking time may vary from broiler to broiler).
- Place bun bottoms on a plate, then top with a slice of lettuce, then a slice of tomato, a slice of onion, the patties and spoon homemade ketchup over each one. Cover with the bun top and serve.