Many readers of my blog told me or, messaged me that they made the muffins with 3 chocolates and were very pleased. This made me very happy and because I want to do my best, I have prepared a recipe for sugarless chocolate muffins, without butter, for even healthier chocolate treat!
These muffins are a pure temptation! It is so fragrant and chocolaty that you cannot believe is so healthy. Adding dried blueberries is an amazing fit and perfectly complements the chocolate flavor. The blueberries I buy from the center of Athens have no sugar added during the process of desiccation. They are juicier than usual and more fragrant.
The recipe I give you yields 12 medium size muffins. Because I like me very fluffy, I put more mix in each muffin paper, and I got 8 of them. You only need two bowls to make these muffins, not a mixer, and a lot of patience until they are cool enough to eat!! 🙂
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 1 ¾ cups (220g. / 7.8 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder, preferably organic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup (85 g.) dried cranberries, preferably without added sugar
- ½ cup (85 g.) dark chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven to 180o C/356o F. Line a muffins tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, cocoa and spices.
- In a second bowl, slightly beat the eggs and add the sunflower oil, juice and zest and mix well. Add the blueberries and stir.
- Add the mixture of the wet ingredients and blueberries in the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add chocolate drops. Do not over stir.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffins liners and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer them to a wire rack to cool.