These superfoods energy balls is a recipe many of you were waiting for! Those who follow me on social media know already that last Sunday I had the pleasure of cooking live at Bio Festival, along with my favorite chef Dina Nicolaou. I made two recipes for energy balls in order to show easy and practical recipes to incorporate superfoods into our daily diet.
My participation in Bio Festival was a great experience! Beyond the good organization, I was glad to see how many people care for their diet, get informed about the beneficial properties of various foods and choose carefully what they put on their table. I also enjoyed getting to know online friends and listening to all these words of love! I thank them from my heart for coming to see me!
Δείτε αυτή τη δημοσίευση στο Instagram.
Η συμμετοχή μου στο Live Cooking Show του @biofestivalgr με την @dina.nikolaou ήταν μια υπέροχη εμπειρία! Πέρα από την εξαιρετική διοργάνωση, το πολύ ενημερωμένο κοινό και τα ποιοτικά βιολογικά προϊόντα, χάρηκα πολύ που είδα από κοντά όλους εσάς που με τιμήσατε με την παρουσία σας και με σκλαβώσατε με τα καλά σας λόγια! ❤️ Σας ευχαριστώ! . A few photos from my live cooking show at @biofestivalgr last Sunday. It was a wonderful experience! I really enjoyed it! ? . . #biofestival #livecookingshow #livecooking #ilovecooking #cookingseminar #cooking #healthyeats #healthyeating #eatrealfood #eathealthy #bloggerlife #livethelittlethings #greek #greekfoodblogger #energysnacks #energyballs #superfoods #healthyliving #healthydiet #thehealthycookblog
Let’s say a few things about the recipe. It is based on cashews and dates, like most energy balls. A bit of salt, combined with dates and peanut butter, gives the feeling of salted caramel. The “innovation” is their coating, consisting of 4 different superfood powders:
- moringa, a very good antioxidant, high in vitamins A, C, E, B, iron, potassium, calcium, boosts the immune system and fights stress. It, also, contains plant protein
- maca, which contains iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iodine, sodium, copper, silicon and manganese, and vitamins B1, B2, B12, C, E. It is a natural aphrodisiac and tonic, relieves symptoms of menopause and helps balance the functions of the human organism
- blueberry powder, the number 1 antioxidant. Read here more info
- raw cocoa, another powerful antioxidant, with many beneficial properties, for which you can read here.
You can also use other coatings, which I suggest below. After 2-3 days in the refrigerator the balls are even more delicious.
The second recipe I made at Bio Festival, apricot and fresh turmeric energy balls are coming up in a few days.
Superfoods Energy Balls
Dates, cashews and peanut butter energy balls, coated with various superfoods powders as coatings
- 200 g raw cashews
- 16 fresh medjool dates pitted, soaked in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon carob powder
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- coating ideas:
- raw cocoa powder
- moringa powder
- maca powder
- blueberry powder or aronia, rasberry, etc. powder
- melted chocolate
- lucuma powder
- spirulina powder
- ground nuts
Grind the cashews in the food processor into powder.
Add dates, salt and carob powder and blend.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
Put the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then form into balls.
Coat with superfoods of your liking.
0.9g Saturated fat
Nutrition facts are calculated without the coatings.
Amount per 29 gr