Second recipe for energy balls in the row, but some of you have been waiting for it. It’s the recipe I prepared at the Bio Festival‘s Live Cooking Show, along with the superfoods energy balls. I know that those of you who watched the workshop, were thrilled about it, so this is it!
Most energy balls recipes are based on dates. But today we use dried apricots for their color and, of course, their taste. Pairing them with ginger, turmeric and coconut is really a great combo!
This recipe is based on golden milk for which we have talked about in another post. You will find golden milk’s most important ingredients in this recipe, so these energy balls not only boost our energy but also do us good! ? Let’s see the recipe:
Turmeric & Coconut Energy Balls
A healthy and delicious snack to boost your energy
- 180 gr. cashews
- 150 gr. dried apricots soaked in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes and drained
- 4 cm. approx. fresh ginger grated, or ½ teaspoon of powder
- 4 cm. approx. fresh turmeric grated, or ¼ teaspoon of powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of agave syrup maple, or honey
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- grated coconut for coating
Grind cashews into powder, using a food processor.
Add the apricots, and the rest of the ingredients and blend.
Put the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then form into balls. *
Coat with grated coconut.
Store them in the refrigerator, covered.
1.4g Saturated fat
Nutrition facts per 27 gr
* When the weather is hot it may take a bit longer in the refrigerator.