In between doing countless homework and studying for the final exams of the culinary school I am attending, I just had enough time to write this recipe for this week. It’s a bit unusual recipe, an experiment that I wanted to do for a long time. These whole wheat emmer flour cookies are kneaded with wine and coconut sugar. The recipes we have for cookies are never enough and you always want to try one more. That’s true for cookies and cakes, I think.
The cookies are vegan, since they do not contain butter or eggs, but wine and olive oil. You could use vegetable oil as well, sunflower oil for example.
Vegan Whole Wheat Wine Cookies
Delicious whole wheat emmer flour cookies with wine & coconut sugar
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • 1 cup olive oil
- • 1 cup dry white wine
- • 1 heaped cup (150 g.) coconut sugar
- • zest of one orange (or lemon)
- • 4 - 4 ½ cups (approximately) of whole wheat emmer flour
- • 1 tablespoon baking soda
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the olive oil, wine, sugar and zest. Beat at medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until the sugar melts.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda and baking powder. Start with 3 cups flour and gradually add the rest gradually, until you have a soft dough that does not stick.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes and using cookie cutters give them the shape of your choice
- Place cookies on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in a preheated oven at 150o C in air operation, for about 28-30 minutes.
The Healthy Cook https://thehealthycook.gr/
Share on Social Media