And it’s time for the dessert of the festive menu series; white chocolate and pistachio parfait with berry sauce. A very impressive, very tasty and very easy to prepare dessert that your guests will never forget! Since it is listed as a “small sin“, do not expect nutritional information. You eat it and think about nothing else 😉
To make parfait in a conical shape as I did, you need to make paper “molds”:
Cut eight 30 cm. squares, from parchment paper. Fold in half to form a triangle. Place the triangle on a table, with center point towards you. Curl on point of the triangle towards you, turning it under where it meets the center point. Hold these two points together with one hand to avoid unfold and do the same with the other point, turning it under to create a cone. Take care so that the peek of the cone is tightly twisted, otherwise the parfait will pour out. Thus, all three points of the triangle will meet. Secure the cone with stapler. When it’s time to fill it with the parfait, stand cone upright in a glass. To put them in the freezer, either leave them in the glasses (you should use plastic ones), or cut the top from a small bottle of water and stand the cones upright on them.
If you do not want to get into this whole process, you can divide the parfait mixture in plastic disposable cups. Their shape won’t be conical, but it will still be very presentable!
As I have already said, under the Food Blog Awards 2015, I cook and serve with IKEA’s utensils and tableware, which you all see in the photos. For today’s post, the runners and the dishes highlighted this recipe with the best possible way! If you want to take one more look to the other dishes of this festive menu that are already posted, click on the following links:
Total time: 40 minutes (plus refrigeration and freezing time)
white chocolate and pistachio parfait:
- 180 ml cream, 34% fat
- 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (110 g./3.8 oz.) caster sugar
- 400 ml cream, 34% fat (extra)
- 125 ml Irish cream liqueur (I used baileys)
- 150 gr. (5.3 oz.) roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 300 gr. (10.6 oz.) frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, combine chocolate and 180ml cream and stir until smooth. Transfer to another bowl and let it cool for a while.
- Beat eggs, yolks and sugar, with electric mixer, until thick and creamy. While mixer is operating, gradually add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Beat extra cream (ie. 400ml) with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream, liqueur and pistachios in the parfait mixture. Divide mixture among paper cones, carefully cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Make the berry sauce by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan, over low heat, until sugar dissolves and sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool and refrigerate.
- To serve, discard paper and place each parfait on a plate, along with some of the berry sauce.
I hope you enjoy this menu, not only on your screen, but on your table as well. I wish these recipes accompany your happy moments with your loved ones. 🙂
Recipe adapted from the book “Christmas Cooking”, The Australian Women’s Weekly.
PS. Today’s recipe posted for my candidacy in the “Food Blog Awards 2015”, particularly in the “Best Design & Site Architecture” category. If you would like to vote for me, login to your facebook account and click here. You should click the “like” button below the text. Thank you!