On Sunday June 7th, Surfers 4 Life organize the 3rd ‘ Wellbeing ‘festival, for the World Cancer Survivors Day and continue their successful attempt conquering by preparing a feast for contribution, strength and creativity. Under the slogan “I am a winner» (#eimainikitis) the Schinias Olympic Rowing Center, will be filled with color, music and especially with our fellow human beings of all ages who know what contribution and offering means.
Food4Good support the team effort of Surfers4Life and provide food for a good cause at the ” Well Being ” Festival. My participation in last years’ festival was a wonderful experience. That’s why this year I wouldn’t miss it for the world!
A rich buffet of homemade foods and sweets as part of Wellbeing , will be available to the public with 5 euro and all proceeds will go to support NGOs AMIMONI ( http://www.amimoni.gr/ and Therapeutical Horseriding http://www.trag.gr/
The actions of the group Food4Good are actively supported by offering their products:
AB Vassilopoulos, Dodoki S.A., Agios Georgios Mill, Kallimanis, Drakoulis Family Coffee, ELVIART, Chicken’s Farm, stokarotsi.gr , Κaramolegkos, Simply Greek.
From 10am Drakoulis Family will be offering coffee to everyone there.
The program of the Festival, better than ever, includes:
- Sporting events: racing, Nordic Walking, Biking, Kayak, SUP, Inline Skating … for children and adults
- Voluntary Blood Donation: Blood Bank DIMITRIS VLON in cooperation with the General Hospital of Thoracic Diseases “Sotiria”
- Speeches for Well Being in our lives, at work, in our struggle, in our thinking means, of love, contribution, positivity, strength of positive emotions, empathy, nutrition, wellness, self-awareness , communication and our choices.
- Alternative & Complementary Therapies: Yoga, Family Play Yoga Crystal bowls, gong and meditation, sensory and perceptual psychology gymnastics, Holistic energy massage, Thetahealing, Dance Therapy, Laughter Yoga
- Toys, Puppets, Face Painting, Surprises and Discoveries for our young participants
- Dance with dance demonstrations from Athens Lindy Hop, The Hoppers, Irene Ragusini
- Concert – Party and excite us with their melodies, in a scene surprisingly, Irene Skylakakis, Agatha, Katerina Duska, Delay Band
On the day of the Festival all guests are given the opportunity to have free medical examinations through mobile units: Ophthalmology (Mobile Eye Unit Foundation “Stavros Niarchos”), Breast Exams (Objective-prevention) Tests for HIV & HEP B and C. , (Praksis) memory test and skills (Karelleio standard Alzheimer center) and information on musculoskeletal disorders (Butterfly).
During all of the above actions fresh juices and fruit salads will be prepared for guests free of charge, the FOOD4GOOD team will take care a healthy and delicious meal and groups such as Thousand Smiles and Tour of Love will give their best to strengthen all participants.
While visitors will be able to learn through the exhibition of products and services directly related to welfare, sports and offer to fellow man they can participate in the lottery for prizes offered by supporters of the Festival.
Entry to the festival is free, while money raised from participations in sports and meals available, will be offered from Surfers for Life directly to selected NGOs such as Amymone, the Association of Therapeutic Riding and Villa Joya Initiative.
For more information about the festival and the program click here.
See you there!