At last, I had the time to prepare a recipe for you … My weekly program is so full that even if I found some time to test a recipe, it’s almost impossible to write, prepare, and post it … But these last few days weren’t so hectic, so I managed to test a recipe I wanted for a long time! Homemade digestive cookies, the most popular recipe of the blog, can now be enjoyed by all those who avoid gluten! These gluten-free digestive cookies are so tasty that they have nothing to envy from their famous cousins 😉
They are made with buckwheat flour, coconut flour and coconut oil. The sweetener I used is coconut sugar. I added a bit of flaxseed for extra fiber and nutrients.
Gluten-free digestive cookies are very simple to make. All you need is a rolling pin and a cookie cutter. I used a ravioli cutter because I wanted to give this nice jagged edge?)
The recipe yields only 20 cookies. Feel free to double it if you want.
- • 100 g buckwheat flour
- • 50 g coconut flour
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon of salt
- • 25 g crushed flaxseed
- • 50 g coconut sugar
- • 100 g coconut oil
- • 2 tablespoons of milk of your choice
- • 1 egg, slightly beaten
- In a bowl, mix the buckwheat flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix (with a hand mixer or wire) the coconut sugar with coconut oil until softened.
- Join solid and liquid materials and knead to blend. Add the egg and then milk, a little bit at a time, and knead until you have a dough that does not stick.
- Flatten the dough to form a disc, wrap it with a food wrap and put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, place it between 2 pieces of non-stick paper and roll it out to a 6mm thick sheet. Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter* and place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- *Mine is 6cm